My colleagues in caucus who work in the education area have shared some helpful links for parents to keep their children's minds active during lock down.
1. Ministry of Education has released some advice to support the wellbeing of families learning from home, it’s available here.
3. Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home website with over 20+ days of learning and other activities.
4. Khan Academy
5. E-learning for kids
6. Google Arts & Culture has teamed up with hundreds of famous museums and galleries from around the world to offer virtual exhibits
7. Auckland Museum Virtual Exhibits, interactive learning, quizzes, and puzzles
8. Storyline Online – Picture books read by celebrity narrators on Youtube
9. Nanogirl Science experiments at home
10. National Geographic Kids – Filled with education resources, competitions, kids clubs, games
11. Comedian David Walliams will be releasing a children’s audiobook every day for 30 days
12. Bestselling Children’s Author and Illustrator Mo Willems has started daily sessions on Youtube teaching kids to draw
13. Duck Duck Moose is a free app with lots of great interactive educational games for pre-school/early primary
14. Science for kids – Fun science and technology website for kids, including experiments to do at home
15. Unite for Literacy – Online E-Picture Books for children
16. Dr Seuss website
17. Kiwi Kids News - Daily news site aimed at New Zealand children
18. An awesome list of websites that have online educational games for kids
- PBS Kids – Online Educational Videos ad Games
- All in one Home School
- Fun Brain – Games, Reading, Videos, and Maths
- Highlights Kids
Math Game Time